Mark Hopkins

Hi, I'm Mark Hopkins. Here are some stray thoughts that need a walk. Feel free to feed them.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wassail! (It's a kind of beer)

A couple of weeks ago I was pulling into my driveway when I noticed my neighbor had his Christmas lights up already - and it was not yet Halloween! Jeez, Christmas just gets earlier every year, I intoned to myself, repeating the annual mantra, there ought to be a law against it.

Later, I was shopping in Target Boutique when I realized it wasn't busy. And I thought, wait a minute, this is perfect for Christmas shopping - the Christmas crap isn't out on the shelves, there are no crowds, no checkout lines, no annoying Salvation Army bell ringers on the way out. This is when we should be Yule shopping, not waiting until some appointed hour! Besides, I'm a great lover of Christmas music (the real stuff, not the aural torture meted out by the misnomered entertainment industry), why not start early listening to it.

So thank you, yon neighbor, for igniting such inspirational advice. I sure wish I'd taken it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home